The name of the board is the Mansoura Faculty of Medicine Institutional Research Board (hereinafter called "MFM-IRB").
The Mission of Mansoura Faculty of Medicine Institutional Research Board (MFM-IRB) is to:
- Ensure that the rights, safety, and welfare of human subjects and animals in research are protected and consistent with applicable legal, ethical, and institutional guidelines.
- Assess and evaluate the risks and benefits of proposed research, and ensure that risks to human subjects are kept to an absolute minimum and are justified by potential benefits of the research.
- Ensure the confidentiality of information obtained from research subjects to the extent allowed by law.
- Ensure that, where appropriate, an Informed Consent is obtained from each research subject.
- Facilitate high quality research at Mansoura Faculty of Medicine